<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td colspan="2">

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td width="100%">

<p >Hi All,<br />The June, '13 issue of Shutterbug magazine has a nice excerpt from my Still Life book (<em>Digital Still Life Photography: Art, Business, & Style</em>) in it. The excerpt will be available on the Shutterbug website next month for free. On a similar note Dynalite (Dynalite.com) has posted a mini-review of the same book on their website. Currently, I'm working on my first, self-published Kindle projects right now - one is a still life book addendum on shooting beer and liquor. Others, already in outline form, will be annotated slide shows on framing and posing, light modifiers, and still life photography. The first section of each of these will be available as a free download. <br />Will keep you posted as I chart the waters of self-publishing.<br />Steve<br /><a href="mailto:steve@stevesint.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">steve@stevesint.com</a></p>

</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table><div>00bcVD-535831584.jpg.898c1091219574bda948cf3ff41a67f3.jpg</div>

<p>"Interesting" potatoes Steve. Makes me consider the difference between visually attractive objects and those perfect but somewhat boring samples demanded by an advertising brief. I'd recently been fostering half a wrinkled apple with a beautiful blue-green circle of mould around the core for a few days. I was just about to photograph it, only to discover that my darling wife had thrown it away a few hours earlier, because "it was mouldy, inedible and unhygienic". Ah well, plenty more apples out there - but none with such a perfect shade of mould to contrast with their red skin I'll bet.</p>

<p>Good luck with the projects BTW!</p>

<p>Hi Rodeo,<br>

In high school, I had a friend who grew grape juice mold in a glass in his bedroom. He, and others (including me) thought it was beautiful. Then his mother threw it out...:(<br>

If you ever get the chance see Irving Penn's images of cigarette butts and flowers as they wilted. He too got into the beauty in decay. Of course, his lighting was exquisite too - but that was almost besides the point.<br>

About a month ago I presented a program on still life photography to a camera club. During the Q&A at the end of the evening one woman commented: "I got it...you're saying it's all about the lighting." I was ecstatic, for me it was the highlight of the evening!<br>

S<br>

steve@stevesint.com</p>

<p>I'd like to take this opportunity to mention how much I enjoyed (and gained from) Steve's book. It's clearly written, well illustrated and to the point. By no means is it a dry technical tome. There's anecdotal information and humour throughout but always to the subject matter at hand.</p>

<p>Congratulations!</p>