Stereo attachment, but to what?

<p>The photo shows a stereo attachment I was given, but it has no markings at all and I have no clue what company made it or what camera it is meant for. The mount has a Contax/Nikon type release lever and it does indeed fit my Nikon S, but it doesn't look like the stereo attachments in the Nikon or Zeiss Contax literature. The front has dove-tail slides, probably for a prism attachment that I do not have, and perhaps that is where the identifying markings are. Does anyone recognize this?</p><div>00bwSm-542128384.thumb.jpg.536bb0c346cf54536c669ce0ee760813.jpg</div>

<p>Hi JDM<br /> Thanks for fixing the photo, I'm new at this and didn't read the instructions carefully. I'll try to attach a view of the other end.<br>

The Kiev doesn't look likely but the Zeiss microscope idea is interesting. The link to the Zeiss microscope adaptor shows similar construction for the dovetail, but that example is engraved with the Zeiss name. The guy I got this from also collected microscopes and was a stereo/photomicrography expert. I'll check his microscopes and accessories for something that fits.</p>

<p>If you look at the rear of the first link images, however, you will see that it has a Kiev/Contax external mount not unlike the one on the OP's apparat. Presumably it fits over the internal mount 50mm lens? It was the similarity of the mount indicating a possible Soviet origin I was looking to.</p>