Static Electricity

Discussion in 'Lighting Equipment' started by jay_philbrick, Nov 29, 2004.

  1. I'm firing a Nikon SB800 connected to my D 70 with a pc cord connected
    to the D 70's hotshoe with a Wein limiter. Twice yesterday the flash
    went off as soon as I touched the camera, without pressing the shutter
    release. I'm guessing it was due to the onset of winter and more
    static electricity. I could even feel a little shock in my finger from
    the static. My question is; could this hurt my camera or the flashes?
    Can it be prevented? It scared the heck out of me the first time it
    happened. Thanks.
     
  2. sounds like a potentially dangerous event with a bad ground and the flash looking for the path of LEAST RESISTANCE. I would send the flash in to Nikon along with the other items for them to check out. Or, drive the setup to your local flash repair facility. If you mention the city you're close to possibly someone here has a repair facility recommendation.
     
  3. Good thing humans resistance (to electricity any way) is pretty high! (hehehe)
     

Share This Page