state ofthe art : upsizing 4'x4' and sharpening tools plugins

<p>I am trying to process and print for a show with large 4'x 3' images both bw and color. I have been out of the loop with an illness for some time and searches for tests seem dated-- like me. (eg ron bigelow and here).<br>

I am using raw 10mp images from a canon xti and using photoshop 5 extended.<br>

question:<br>

1. in ps 5 is bicubic smoother a recommended process or is there a clearly better process or plugin?<br>

2. is the builtin sharpening in ps best or is photokit sharpener still a recommended three step process for sharpeninbg<br>

3. I had a sign store in a small town nearby print a 50" and 36" bw image for me as per a sign (50$) and I am impressed with the trial. Is there a preferred print system for images of this size?<br>

Jerry in toronto</p>

<p>1_CS5 for me.. never see something that worth the price, the speed , the result that really beat what i can do with it.</p>

<p>2_Smart Sharpen is really fgood, again this is what i use everyday BUT you have to fully understand and test like anything else to acquire the knowledge to use it correctly.. i have writen a tutorial about it.. email me to get it. PK Sharpener is a excellent tool, that do everything for you base on question or situation choice. I test the latest release and didtn find for me any advantage on the end result vs my method (3 step sharpening)</p>

<p>3_inkjet is the way to go, and if you like the result.. this is all you need ; )</p>