Star Wars

<p>do you have a contract that spells out your rights (or lack thereof) regarding using session images for promotion/marketing?</p>

<p>Even if it's technically legal, I think it would be 'poor form' on your part to post them w/o getting written permission from the parents. This is yet another case of 'a contract is your best friend'.</p>

<p>I wouldn't really worry about it. It's free advertising for them (as long as it's officially sanctioned SW junk and not some ripoff). And you and your FB page are small potatoes. Worst case is that you get a C&D letter and you take them down.</p>

<p>As always, state and country can and usually do matter in all things legal. I could be wrong, as I'm no lawyer, but I do believe Howard has given you some bum advice. Star Wars products are a heavily licensed product...if I'm using the right terminology here. If you were going to post the photos on a personal FB page, I'd agree with the advice. If they saw it there you'd probably get a takedown notice through FB. But on your business page on FB, where it's clear you made money on their registered trade mark without paying them first? I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole! IF you really want to do this you NEED to consult a lawyer...IMO</p>

• 11 months later...
<p>Stephanie - I had exactly the same issue - I had fun doing some Frozen and Star Wars themed sessions and even made the Star Wars ones in to posters... I looked on line for answers, and as Doug said- Disney will come down very hard on unauthorised use of their copyrighted materials. There are perhaps ways to 'bend' the rules though... call the sessions 'Star Wars inspired' or 'Sci fi inspired'. I think there is also a distinction if someone has purchased a licensed costume and then paid you to photography them in it...</p>