Squinty viewfinders and glasses

lolver

<p>Hello all<br>

I've just become the proud owner of a Contax IIa. Beautiful (and it get's lots of strokes) but, like many other RFs of that time - I have some Leica screws - the viewfinder is tiny and I have glasses. That, as such, is of no consequence, however I like to use auxiliary viewfinders and my Leica fave is the SBOOI which is just about ok.<br>

But for the Contax I can't find anything around 50mm and 35mm where you don't have to get close up, glasses touching.<br>

I've tried the turrets (Zeiss and Russian), a Zorki 35mm, some of the Leica turrets, and albada one, even a Kontur (ugh) and none allow you to view from a little further back.<br>

<br />I'm now at the stage where the finders are starting to be costly. I have 35mm, 50mm, and 85mm lenses and it looks like I'll need to get single finders for each. So my question is...<br>

Can you recommend finders for those focal lengths (or a variable one) that has a decent rear opening so that I can view with glasses on?<br>

Thanks,<br>

Laurence</p>

<p>I too wear glasses and have tried a variety of multifocal finders (Russian. Braun, Tewe, Leitz). The only answer I have found is to take the least precious finder and glue a rubber washer around the eyepiece to prevent scratching of eyeglasses.</p>

<p>The Zeiss 440 for the Contax has a diopter adjustment, if you don't need correction for anything other than the inability to focus close without reading glasses. I know that doesn't help with seeing the f/stops or the depth of field scale...</p>