Hi Folks,

I recently bought a 2nd hand Spyder 4 Pro on ebay and tried using it last night.

I can load the software and icon shows on screen but when I click on icon is goes looking for number on cd. It then gives me an activation code and gives me the option of activation on line or doing it manually. The pc that I want to use it on isnt online but I'm not given any more information.

Can any body help

Regards

The usual method of "manual" activation involves phoning or emailing a company helpdesk and requesting an activation code to be entered into the program.

Sometimes clicking on the "About" or "Help" options brings up a window where you can enter a code.

The exact procedure should be outlined in the user manual or guide.

I'm not sure where you stand with this as not being the original purchaser.

I ran into a problem activating my copy of Spyder 3 Pro. The solution Xrite gave me was:

1) Have the activation code available.

2) Disconnect your computer from the Internet. The activation program will not try to activate automatically and will prompt you to enter the code manually.

3) When prompted by the activation program, enter the activation code from Step 1.

I hope this works for the Spyder 4. If not, open a problem with Xrite.

Hi Folks,

Thanks for replies. I went online to datacolour.com last night & put in the activation code that I got after loading the software. I got another code back , put that code in and all worked .

Thanks again

Noel