spyder 2 express v pantone huey

Hi

I know this is the cheap end and I wish I could afford more but I'd like to know

opinions on the Huey and the Spyder 2 Express calibrators. My thinking is that

even a cheap solution would be better than trial and error and looking on the

Internet there are some favourable reviews for both. I have a Samsung LCD

monitor. Any advice would be gratefully received.

We use the Spyder2express in the studio and for the graphics department. We upgraded from an old Colorvision Spyder. It's helped us tremendously over the years with our catalog work. It's easy to use and standardizes all our monitors, LCD and CRT to industry standards and to each other. The printers in our area that have printed our catalogs have been very appreciative of our control. The prints come out great from our studio Epson printers, too!

i had the huey LCD one that was 1/2 the size of a pencil. I took it back within 30 mins, got the express. I lost my cd btw if anyone would like to donate one to me, I havent been able to calobrate my monitors since. thanks if you can , email lordofthedum@gmail.com

I have used my spyder 2 express to calibrate a Dell 20" and a Samsung 21" LCD monitors, and two laptops (a glossy and a non-glossy screen). Works very well. The Pro version can measure the color temperature, the hardware is the same.

I would recommend using Spyder2express 2.2 instead of 2.3 (see the Color Vison web site). The 2.3 version has a white point target of 6500K insteead of "native" with 2.2 The problem is that it does this by clipping some of the colors in the LTU table. The result can be a very dim image if your monitor's white point is far from 6500K, and you can bet it is. The Pro version lets you play with the monitor controls, if your monitor can do it, and tells you how far fom the target you are.