SPRINTSCAN 120 PROBLEM, IMAGES COMING OUT STRANGE, PLS HELP!

Discussion in 'Digital Darkroom' started by 553elx, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Hello, Today I experienced a strange outcome of one of my scans from a B&W negative. I got a result similar to those cheap Photoshop filters (image enclosed). Also enclosed are screen shots of scanner settings. Please note that although I have been scanning B&W negatives, I used Agfa Optima setting on the "film type and Exposure" window, and that was not the reason for the result I got. I have been using this (and other) settings that made little sense to the actual film type being scanned (usually Kodak) before, because they worked best for me and my pictures. A friend suggested that this might be a scanner lamp malfunction. If this should be the case, can someone suggest where a replacement might be obtained? Please find enclosed a screenshot of the result I got, (image 1.jpg) and screenshots of scanner settings (images 2-7.jpg) by clicking on the links below. Any comment and suggestion to what the reason or solution to this problem might be, would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Sorry, I wanted to post this in FILM SCANNERS forum , and I have no idea how it ended here.