Spam again

colin carron

I'm getting multiple spam threads added to Philosophy, via my 'watched forum' emails, but now that I look at the forum, I don't see any new. Does that mean the spam filter is catching them as they're added, but failing to snag the outgoing email notices? Or is your cleanup crew just very, fast at deleting them?

Moderators are doing an incredible job and behind the scenes the dev guys are tightening up the Xenforo spam filters, between the two is about the best any site could ever do - unfortunately its a game of cat and mouse until we kill the mouse. Wait...we're the cat right?
  • Like 1

One improvement we have in photo.net 2.0 is that we can delete all spam from the same account with a couple of clicks, instead of one post at a time before.

They must have some kind of bot to post so many spam messages quickly. Each post is for diplomas for a different university. Chinese is my first language, although I speak English just as well now. I didn't look at the posts that carefully, but they seems to have fake diplomas for a lot of western universities in the UK, Australia as well as the US ....

Most of the spam has been posted in the early morning US hours. I've been able to catch a lot of it because I'm in Europe right now, They assume nobody will see it until "work time" in the US. There's also historically been a lot of spam on weekends. It is getting zapped pretty quickly since the first crush a few days ago.
  • Like 1

It is getting zapped pretty quickly

It sure is! In PoP this morning, it was gone between the time I got the email forum notice of a new thread and my looking at the forum shortly thereafter.

Thank you both, ShunCheung and Spearhead (Jeff) — and all/any other mods. And GPalm for keeping us posted.

• Like 1