Source of glass plates for dry-plate making needed!

I have been trying desperately to get into dry-plate work. I have

the holders, I have the emulsion, but I have been told, after much

searching, that there is "non source out there for 2mm glass

plates. All glass is at least 2.5mm now."

Well, 2.5mm glass doesn't work. I need to 2mm. That is the

standard.

Does anyone have a source for plate glass in 2mm thickness?

I didn't see any indication that Retro Photo is making or selling glass plates, but it's possible it was a short term experimental product and is not longer available. If they did have them, they'd likely be Foma or Efke emulsions, and might well come precut in 9x12 cm size only (those seem the most common plate cameras when I look on eBay -- and Retro is a UK dealer, handling European products; most of their sheet film offerings seem to be in metric sizes).

No, I'm sure it would go without saying that a glass plate will cost more than (at least) European sheet films like Foma and Efke. It wouldn't surprise me if even Russian plates cost more than Kodak sheet film, given the shipping weight and packaging requirements (for fragility).

Any idea what ISO? Ortho or panchromatic? I'm not a committed buyer by any stretch; I've bought (to date) three boxes of 9x12 sheet film, total outlay including shipping still under $100. Two of those arrived today (well, the Post Office has had them since Monday) and are unopened, though with my Ideal almost ready I hope to shoot more LF in the near future.

So, is this a case that Slavick is making these plates anyway (perhaps for the Russian astronomical community) and Retro is just setting up to import, or does Slavick just still have a coating system that can handle glass and they're working toward a special coating run?

I know about the Retro plates. Only problem is the cost (125.00BPS or over $200.00 US for only 25 plates), and I want to self-coat so I get the uber-slow emulsion and that soft look you got from 1 second exposures.

The problem is, the people who ARE working in glass plates seem to be closed mouth about supply.

I've been using glass plates (5x7),off and on, for a while now.

For glass I go to the dollar store and buy 5x7 picture frames

and take the glass out.It fits right in to my ancient Kodak

glass plate holders.

What kind of plate holders are you using?