Source for Rollei SL66 repair manual?

jaap_jan_helder

I would never dismount it myself. I have already reapired many things, even a large format camera, I would never try on a Rollei SL66.<br>

Did you already see the inside ? You will have first to remove leatherette coverings to access to the body screws. Later, you will maybe have to replace the leatherettes with new ones.<p>

What you can do first by yourself is to clean with caution the x-contact from the outside with a superfine sandpaper.<br>

If this is not sufficient, then try to find a repair shop.<p>

If you like your SL66, just don't do it by yourself. You will probably never be able to reassemble the camera, and it will end in a repair shop, but the repair will be muc more expensive.<br>

I also have the 26 Mb file with assembly drawings and the list of parts. Reading it would dissuade you to try this operation.<br><div>00INXg-32886384.jpg.a5b0644e3e031b37f769497137871596.jpg</div>

Jean-Louis,

Thanks for the warning. I did already have like inside of my camrea ones. Ane time I bend one of the little thingies inside where the little pin if the filmback goes. The common mistake of not winding the crank before mounting the back. I did get that right again, but there I knew what I was looking for. I realized what I had done wrong and there is a lot of info on the damage done in such cases, on the internet. With the flash sync, I don't know where the fault is. I read somewhere that the mechanism that moves the shutter "fires"the flashsync. If that's true I will send it to a repairman. But I realy would like to know what things should look like inside, if only just for knowing or for the future when repairman maybe thinner on the ground. There is only one in Holland now, who deals with this camera.

You are in Holland. I don't know any repair shop there.<br>

If you need an excellent service, send your camera to Paepke in Düsseldorf.<br>

Paepke-Fototechnik GmBH<br>

Siemensstraße 43<br>

4O227 Düsseldorf<br>

Tel: 0211 - 98 68 88 0<br>

Fax: 0211 - 98 68 88 29<br>

Mail : paepke-fototechnik@gmx.de<br>

Web : http://www.paepke-fototechnik.de/<p>

But before, try to clean the contact of the X Synchro as I explained.<br>

• 10 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...

jean-louis Ilech:

I just viewed the crank side image of the SL66 you posted and have a question. I see the driven gear in the cassette but not the driving gear that meshes with it which is supposed to be mounted in the camera body. I am familiar with the assembly because out of frustration with slipping gears and jamming I was able to replace the faulty (yes...faulty) design with wider off the shelf gear I modified to fit. I had access to the necessary machinery to accomplish this. I highly recommend this modification.1459059744_SL66gearcorrection.JPG.bd6ead98821ac8a837ed4ba28fa6cbd6.JPG

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
jean-louis Ilech:

I just viewed the crank side image of the SL66 you posted and have a question. I see the driven gear in the cassette but not the driving gear that meshes with it which is supposed to be mounted in the camera body. I am familiar with the assembly because out of frustration with slipping gears and jamming I was able to replace the faulty (yes...faulty) design with wider off the shelf gear I modified to fit. I had access to the necessary machinery to accomplish this. I highly recommend this modification.[ATTACH=full]1210002[/ATTACH]

Hello Erwin, I got probably the same problem... My SL66 second time completly blocked. Service say me that the first time the problem was curved rack inside. I opened from back side and see that rack it is not in the axis... which may be the reason for not moving the drive from the back to body... What about prepare new parts for me? :) best regards Dominik