Sorting Photos in a Gallery

Sanford

Can I upload a new photo and move it to another position next to some older photos?

I was able to put a photo from this morning into an old gallery, first position - no problem. Initially there was a green button at the bottom which would have allowed me to arrange in the gallery, but I couldn't get it to work. It used to be drag and drop, but apparently I've forgot the trick. If you don't have galleries it could prove a problem. If someone knows the process of moving inside a gallery...or better still uploading adjacent to a particular set of photos, please jump in.

• Like 1

Oh well, better get it right the first time. I also miss not being able to replace a gallery photo with an updated version.

I miss this too sometimes, I am constantly updating and trying to improve on work, but I do understand that any comments made by fellow members may no longer be relevant which I guess is unfair to them.

When it came to replacement, I liked that feature as well. To assure that comments were not irrelevant on a photo that was replaced, I would include a note and post as a comment the previous version of a photo so people coming to the image would see what folks had commented on.

today, we’re i to want to replace a photo that’s been commented on, Id leave the original photo, adding a link to the new photo in the comments, and direct people to the replacement that way. Thus, the comments on the original, again, would not be lost.

• Like 1

"You talkin' to me?"

• 4 weeks later...
I miss this too sometimes, I am constantly updating and trying to improve on work, but I do understand that any comments made by fellow members may no longer be relevant which I guess is unfair to them.

By REPLACE do you mean the same thing that is accomplished by selecting the SETTINGS button under and of your photos and then the UPDATE IMAGE button in the pop up menu? I've done that several times without any issues.

I was able to "drag and drop" to resort a gallery - until it no longer worked and the image jumped back to its original position. Saving the changes apparently never ends - but when I went back after 1/2 hour, the new order had been preserved and there was even an option to "reset" to the previous one.