Sony repairs in Australia...............

lintrathen

<p>More than an answer, than a Question.............<br>

This has popped up in threads from time to time through this forum, and as i am now in need of some repairs to my A350 decided to undertake some significant investigation.<br>

Sometimes the phone just aint good enough and one has to get off ones butt and do the leg work.<br>

So, here's the repair situation for us guys here in Oz -<br>

VIO... over in the East. only a phone number 1300440889.<br>

Most Sony sales outlets will accept the units for repairs, but certainly the Sony Solutions Centres in each major city. 440 Murray street Perth.<br>

There is a $66.00 handling/looking at fee and they do repair (where possible) the Alpha100 - 900 series as well as calibration on both Sony and Minolta lenses.<br>

Here in Perth.... <a href="mailto:adminperth@sonysolutioncentre.com.au">adminperth@sonysolutionscentre.com.au</a> will get you more info. I would imagine that if you swap your city for perth you could get some similar connectivity.<br>

Hope this helps....... need to get back into town to drop my stuff off.</p>

<p>Regards</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Last time a camera of mine went bust and it was out of warranty. I took it to my local 'Camera House' dealer store and they sent it away for Quote and repair.<br>

I would most likely if out of warranty visit a large national dealer like Ted's Camera store. (none is Perth though.) for repair. If they repair professional as well as consumer gear, I am sure they could fix my Sony's.<br>

I am just not sure how I would trust Sony's repair's in Australia, I have heard really bad service when it comes to Computers and TV repairs. (as in length of time to get repaired.)</p>

<p>Just an additional response for those in Australia (well at least Sydney anyway) who want to know how to get Sony gear repaired. I have had not problems getting my gear serviced and/or repaired.<br>

There is a professional photography repair place called Progear. They can pretty much repair anything where parts are still available I think. However, from my experience, they are expensive and prone to over servicing, so I would not use them unless it is a warranty or insurance repair. Their details are as follows:<br>

Progear Australia<br>

Unit 12, 16 Aquatic Drive,<br>

Frenchs Forest NSW 2086<br>

p <a href="tel:02%209451%205311" target="_blank">02 9451 5311</a> f <a href="tel:02%209451%207237" target="_blank">02 9451 7237</a><br>

<br>

Alternatively, I also know a guy who does camera gear repairs, he is actually retired and downsized to working out of a garage. If he can't personally repair your gear, he can forward it on to someone who can. He is honest, very reasonably priced and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him. <br>

Jackie - Legend Camera Service<br>

legend_camera@yahoo.com.au<br>

+61408226097</p>

<p>Hope this helps those who require it</p>

<p>Hi Guys...... thanks for your contributions here.......... I think the more info we can accumulate will help us all further down the track should we need repairs.<br>

I have emailed VIO...... via <a href="http://www.infoteam.com.au/bookarepair">www.infoteam.com.au/bookarepair</a> to see if they carry out lens calibration..... will be interesting to see if I get a reply. Apparently they are part of Asia-Pacific... Sony's tie into the Australian market?<br>

Anyway I'll keep you posted.......... I really need this 100-400mm lens sorted out.<br>

Have a good one</p>