Sony/Minolta pictures of the week | 3 February

howardstanbury

Back to Japan, and the Kenroku-en garden in Kanazawa

My youngest daughter studied at Kanazawa Institute of Technology for a semester, with mixed Japanese/Anglo teams working on engineering projects. It was a great experience for her, which had direct application for her, as a network engineer, on the team establishing data centers in Japan/China/India when Uber was in it's uber-growth mode.

My youngest daughter studied at Kanazawa Institute of Technology for a semester, with mixed Japanese/Anglo teams working on engineering projects. It was a great experience for her, which had direct application for her, as a network engineer, on the team establishing data centers in Japan/China/India when Uber was in it's uber-growth mode.

I had never heard of the city before this trip and I'm glad I went. It must have been quite a thing for your daughter if this was her first experience of Japan. I look forward to returning one day - and perhaps better prepared next time!

• Like 1

I had never heard of the city before this trip and I'm glad I went. It must have been quite a thing for your daughter if this was her first experience of Japan. I look forward to returning one day - and perhaps better prepared next time!

That was her first trip. I think it was between her junior and senior year at Rochester Institute of Technology. She studied and became fluent in Japanese, but her major was Network Administration. After graduation, she spent a month alone in Japan. She was offered a job at JET, but ended up getting an offer from LinkedIn the same week, so she stayed in the US, missing the tsunami. Anyway, she cherished her experience at KIT and it's served her well since.

• Like 1