Sony/Minolta pictures of the week | 19 May

Discussion in 'Sony/Minolta' started by mukul_dube, May 19, 2019.

1. Here we go, Howard. Young Kaveri, who uses for me a word which translates as "Grandpa", visited me after a gap of fully two months. She was in the last lap of completing an M.A. degree.

kav_fb.jpg
    Nikkor 50/1.4 on Sony A7

2. Thanks for kicking off this week, Mukul. I'm just back from a stay with friends and their dog proved to be the perfect subject for a test of Sony's 'animal eye focus' feature. It seems to work ...

[​IMG]
    Teddy
    | A7 III and Samyang AF 35mm f2.8 @f4

Nick D., Mark Keefer and dcstep like this.
  3. I was impatient, Howard, because I wanted to post the first decent photo I'd taken in some weeks. Is "animal eye focus" fundamentally different from focus on human eyes?

Mark Keefer likes this.
  4. Yes, in the new firmware upgrades for third-generation A7 cameras, animal eye AF is a new option. It works in a different way (human eyes cannot be detected automatically when using animal eye AF), but to the user looks similar - a small green square is shown over the eye when focusing. Of course, old-school users with manual focus lenses have their own way of achieving the same effect!

Mark Keefer likes this.
  5. Maybe I should speak to an ophthalmologist. I shall now call myself an OSU. I do have the kit zoom which came with the camera but I seldom use it. It does not need Eye AF owing to its relatively short maximum focal length and small maximum aperture.

howardstanbury likes this.
  6. [​IMG]
    Old Barber shop on Lake Shore road.
    Sony RX100M6

Mark Keefer likes this.
  7. A7RIII - Philadelphia Early AM Outside Art Museum Steps AM-00930.jpg

Nick D. likes this.
  8. A7RIII - Philadelphia Early AM Drexell from Art Museum Steps AM-00920.jpg

Nick D. likes this.
  9. A7RIII - Philadelphia Early AM
    Broad Street AM-01016.jpg

Nick D. likes this.