Sony HDR-CX150 destroys memory cards, when full.

frank_skomial

<p>This happened to me twice, first with Centron SDHC, and recently with Sandisk.<br>

I record driving in national parks and other beautiful places with camera mounted on car front windshield.<br>

Not paying attention, and letting it record to completely fill up the capacity will most likely end up with destruction of the memory card.<br>

The camera will stop recording OK, and tell that no more space, BUT will mess up the card beyond repair.<br>

When this happenned the first time, I blamed Centron memory for being possibly lower quality.<br>

Recently the same happenned to Sandisk memory, 16 GB 30MB/sec.<br>

Formatting the damaged card in camera fails, and formatting on WindowsXp/Vista/Windows 7 either fails right away, or lasts forever and turning the computer Off may be necessary.<br>

I tried the RescuePRO but would not recover anything. Total lost of video.</p>

<p>Does anyone know about any firmware update from Sony ?</p>

<p>No, my camcorder is not faulty, since I found similar complaints about Sony camcorders on the Internet.</p>

<p>Some help just arrived from Sony Service email, providing details hoow to reset the camera to factory new working conditions. I hope that will help, but I will better make sure never record to the dead end.</p>

• 1 year later...