Sony Cybershot DSC-HX1 weekend pics

hectorroldan

It's good to see another budding bird photographer joining the ranks. I'm not familiar with the HX1. For these subjects, I think that the RX10 would be a much better body. I have no idea of your budget, but a used model from 2017 and later would be a substantial move up. Of course, the "right body" won't solve all problems, so there's much to learn, if you'd like to get deeper into these subjects. Always feel free to ask.

It's good to see another budding bird photographer joining the ranks. I'm not familiar with the HX1. For these subjects, I think that the RX10 would be a much better body. I have no idea of your budget, but a used model from 2017 and later would be a substantial move up. Of course, the "right body" won't solve all problems, so there's much to learn, if you'd like to get deeper into these subjects. Always feel free to ask.

Yes, birds are awesome and the whole experience of photographing them is neat, but sometimes quite difficult.

I'm enjoying the HX1, nice camera. The RX10 looks great, less zoom but more resolution. The viewfinder does wonders for me (both models have it). Yes there is a lot to learn, my time doing bird photography is very short, did a few tries in the past with other cameras and a remote controlled Canon, but little luck. The zoom is helping me a lot too at present time.

It's funny and I don't fully know the reasons why, but while I've had budgets for other kinds of cameras I often buy below what I could afford keeping the features I want. This happened even when I was fully working in this field. I try to keep at least two cameras, one for detailed indoor work and another for battle outdoors, funny enough I tend to fall in love with the battle one (even having less features).

Thank dcstep, very kind, I will be around posting and also asking from time to time.

Yes, birds are awesome and the whole experience of photographing them is neat, but sometimes quite difficult.

I'm enjoying the HX1, nice camera. The RX10 looks great, less zoom but more resolution. The viewfinder does wonders for me (both models have it). Yes there is a lot to learn, my time doing bird photography is very short, did a few tries in the past with other cameras and a remote controlled Canon, but little luck. The zoom is helping me a lot too at present time.

It's funny and I don't fully know the reasons why, but while I've had budgets for other kinds of cameras I often buy below what I could afford keeping the features I want. This happened even when I was fully working in this field. I try to keep at least two cameras, one for detailed indoor work and another for battle outdoors, funny enough I tend to fall in love with the battle one (even having less features).

Thank dcstep, very kind, I will be around posting and also asking from time to time.

Equipment does matter, particularly for birds and wildlife. Since rejoined the photography world in 2007, the prices and quality of equipment, needed for serious entry into the bird photography world have improved dramatically. It's now practical to buy a point-and-shoot camera that allows seriously good bird shots. 600mm is now becoming the norm, even for budget based bodies and lenses.

Keep at it and keep improving. Here's my more successful shots from the last 12-years:

Interestingness All-time

Equipment does matter, particularly for birds and wildlife. Since rejoined the photography world in 2007, the prices and quality of equipment, needed for serious entry into the bird photography world have improved dramatically. It's now practical to buy a point-and-shoot camera that allows seriously good bird shots. 600mm is now becoming the norm, even for budget based bodies and lenses.

Keep at it and keep improving. Here's my more successful shots from the last 12-years:

Interestingness All-time

Yes, it matters and yes the prices have changed a lot. I'm taking some slow steps in this matter, been among nature most my life but in this specific scenarios (birds), never actually engaged on shooting pics, regardless of how many I came across in the open.

In time I might grow more passionate and invest on some gear.

Great pictures BTW, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1