for my Sony A6000.

What are the drawbacks or problems with using 3rd

party batteries?

It seems crazy the price being asked for Sony labeled

batteries, with no real reason I can think of why an OEM

battery should be required.

Thanks,

Steve.

<p>You can get lucky with third party batteries, but too often they don't hold a charge as well or fail early.</p>

<p>Watson makes a double charger for NP-FW50 batteries, with an LCD status screen. It only takes an hour. The battery plates are interchangeable, and I have a Watson charger for other Canon and Sony batteries. The charger runs from line current (built-in converter) and comes with a 12 VDC cable for use in an automobile. I keep a small double charger in my bag. It came with my A7Rii, but there are others on the market.</p>

<p>http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/837349-REG/watson_d_4228_duo_lcd_charger_with.html</p>

<p>I have five spare batteries, and I've used four of them once or twice before I had time to recharge them. The A7 may be harder on batteries than the A6000, but it's still good to have at least two spares. I keep mine in a Thinktank battery wallet.</p>

<p>You can get lucky with third party batteries, but too often they don't hold a charge as well or fail early.</p>

<p>Watson makes a double charger for NP-FW50 batteries, with an LCD status screen. It only takes an hour. The battery plates are interchangeable, and I have a Watson charger for other Canon and Sony batteries. The charger runs from line current (built-in converter) and comes with a 12 VDC cable for use in an automobile. I keep a small double charger in my bag. It came with my A7Rii, but there are others on the market.</p>

<p>http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/837349-REG/watson_d_4228_duo_lcd_charger_with.html</p>

<p>I have five spare batteries, and I've used four of them once or twice before I had time to recharge them. The A7 may be harder on batteries than the A6000, but it's still good to have at least two spares. I keep mine in a Thinktank battery wallet.</p>

<p>I bought this:<br>

http://www.amazon.it/Novit%C3%A0-Caricabatteria-Batteria-NP-FW50-SLT-A55V/dp/B00AKFW10C?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00</p>

<p>It's Amazon Italy, but you can clearly see the model number. I've been using since almost two years, both with the a6000 and the NEX-6. It works well, the battery keeps the charge and the charger is nice as it also sports an USB output and an USB input, in addition to the plug for the wall power cable.</p>

<p><strong>"<em>You get what you pay for</em>"...</strong><br /> There's a reason they have less capacity and charge quicker; you should also be concerned about safety !</p>

<p>Look at these clever "<a href="

batteries !</a> <<<click>>> <a href="
everything</a> - Shenzhen, China<br /> Seems like a labor intensive proposition to produce these fakes, but with super low wages it's obviously profitable...</p>