Sony a 6000, a6300 - charging

Discussion in 'Mirrorless Digital Cameras' started by neil_grant, Nov 13, 2017.

1. ..these two cameras have different chargers (different shape anyway), and I've a feeling that the one for the a 6300 is more rapid. Is it a 'speed-charger' or am I mistaken?

2. The chargers may have different rates, and/or the batteries may have different capacities. Check the mAH on the batteries. Also batteries will gradually lose capacity, and charge faster (or not at all) as a result.

3. I have two, ostensibly identical "smart" batteries for a video camera, 7250 MAH. One shows approximately 15% longer recording time with a fresh charge, and takes proportionately longer to charge. I think I 've used one much more than the other, which sits in the bag for standby. Otherwise, it's a mystery.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  4. I bought extra batteries and a charger for my a6000. They probably have something similar for the a6300. Great sophisticated versatile little cameras with excellent image quality but the interface and menus are hard for me to navigate quickly.

5. One note - the a6300/a6500 can actually be powered via the USB port - and as a result any of the myriad external USB chargers, not just charged. The a6000 can only be charged via the USB port AFAIK.