Some Shots from a Medallist

<p>The camera came with two instruction books with the same wording, but one with civilians in the picture (Bob Hope?), one with service personnel and wartime scenes.<br>

I wonder if I should send away the warranty card?<br>

Thanks for looking.</p><div>00TNQ9-135067584.jpg.9b3c5c8266f3ce2be4c02a6c80d2f556.jpg</div>

<p>Nice camera and pictures. My favorites are the spiked fences. <br>

I dislike skies so light and nearly overcast and is the sort of thing that makes monochrome difficult. With a neg that big, I would probably try to bleach the sky with a brush and farmers. I probably would dye dodge the foreground, Crocien Red dye.</p>

<p>Sheesh. I keep posting and keep forgetting, it seems, to hit the confirm button!</p>

<p>So, at the risk of repeating myself to myself if to nobody else, very nice pictures. Like many here, I expect, I'm kind of a sucker for picturesque wrought iron fences, but actually my favorite of the bunch is the "church Window" one with the signs of centuries of change and continuity.</p>

<p>Thanks for the comments, this is a Medallist 1. The 2 I think had a flash terminal in place of the focussing fine adjustment knob. Film was 400 ISO Tmax, I stupidly managed to overexpose by two stops thinking it was a 100 ISO - after respooling the ISO number was not marked on the paper and I had thrown away the container. Hence the burnt out sky.</p>

<p>"Wistow Church" does it for me. Great tonality - especially considering the two stops overexposure.</p>

<p>"Light and nearly overcast" skies are pretty much par for the course here in the UK. On the other hand, they make a perfect natural lightbox for outdoor portraiture....</p>