Some Portfolio Requests

funkag

1. When I go into Portfolios to access my folders and edit them, only the eleven or twelve newest ones show up - I have to try to remember the names of the other ones and search for them to be able to work with them. Can we have all of them populate on the screen?

2. When re-ordering folders, it only lets me switch two portfolios - I can't drop one folder in between two other folders. If I'm moving something five or ten folders down from the top, I end up putting another folder at the top (that I don't want there). I've been resorting to dragging folders down one space at a time, which is pretty tedious.

3. When I click on a photograph in profile view, the site is pushing that photo to the bottom of the portfolio, thus re-ordering the pictures. Can we make that stop happening?

4. PLEASE give us the option to download / access the url of / right click on our own photographs. What is currently in my online portfolio (and thus in one place) is in reality scattered over hundreds of dvds, cds, hard drives, and folders, lost among hundreds-of-thousands of pictures. The whole point of paying for photo.net was (at least in part) to have everything in one easy-to-locate and access place, both for myself and for others who I allow to access and use my images.

Let's try that again so it is readable:

1. When I go into Portfolios to access my folders and edit them, only the eleven or twelve newest ones show up - I have to try to remember the names of the other ones and search for them to be able to work with them. Can we have all of them populate on the screen?
  2. When re-ordering folders, it only lets me switch two portfolios - I can't drop one folder in between two other folders. If I'm moving something five or ten folders down from the top, I end up putting another folder at the top (that I don't want there). I've been resorting to dragging folders down one space at a time, which is pretty tedious.
  3. When I click on a photograph in profile view, the site is pushing that photo to the bottom of the portfolio, thus re-ordering the pictures. Can we make that stop happening?
  4. PLEASE give us the option to download / access the url of / right click on our own photographs. What is currently in my online portfolio (and thus in one place) is in reality scattered over hundreds of dvds, cds, hard drives, and folders, lost among hundreds-of-thousands of pictures. The whole point of paying for photo.net was (at least in part) to have everything in one easy-to-locate and access place, both for myself and for others who I allow to access and use my images.

Yes the Portfolio section (and this is a photo web site!!!) is an unmitigated disaster. Photos are slow to load...how do a send a link to a portfolio to someone? That is not possible with this re-design. Again, the folks who did this while well intentioned, are not web design people. Roll back the changes and try again..in 10 years.