Some inpirational photos!

patricks

Patrick, I can't seem to get onto the link, it could be my server though, but thanks for it anyway. I agree with the amount of crap going on, but it seems to be coming from just a few people. I do think it will lessen and we can resume our normal forum antics. I would really hate to see you pack it in and leave, so I just ask that you don't and wait it out. I checked out your folders the other day and found some excellent pics, especially your people folder. Keep them coming. Cheers.

Interesting that he uses both a Hasselblad 503 and a Pentacon 6. The Pentacon is one of the all time bargain cameras provided you can live with its somewhat unreliable film advance; especially as you can get the truly wonderful 180mm Sonnar for it. The 50mm Flektagon isn't bad, either.

Interesting also that he uses the Leica Mini. Has anyone else tried this little camera out?

I had a Petacon Six back in the 1970's. The film advance was very unreliable, with major spacing problems between frames, sometimes overlapping. The 50/4 Flektagon was very good as was the 300/4 Sonnar. The 80/2.8 Biometer and 180/2.8 Sonnar were excellent! The best thing was the auto diaphragm adapter for Pentax screw mount. They also made a 65mm Flektagon and 120mm Biometer.

Another disadvantage was that the ground glass was a lot smaller than the image area on the film and the pentaprism finders showed still less of the picture area.