Some fun with a film scanner

Discussion in 'Digital Darkroom' started by fred_defdef, Aug 16, 2003.

1. Do you like this macro photo?
    http://defdef.free.fr/Macro/

My technique is to insert the subject to scan between two peace of
    exposed negative film.

I would like to build a pseudo slide holder to get better scan!

freD.

2. Very interesting! Is the noise or grain in the background from the film or scanner? I used to kill time back when I worked in a photolab years ago by sandwiching bugs like this and printing them as enlargements. I may give this a try w/ my old film scanner. Although that is closer to a mosquito than I care to get right now with Nile virus in Colorado!

3. freD,

Nice detail, but the scans look a little flat.

Neat idea, I've never seen that done before. Anti-Newton glass slide mounts in 35mm are about US$0.35. They might make a damn good mount if your scanner has a slide carrier. I think I'll get some and try that.

Thanks,

4. The cheat of négative I used was not really clean !
    The awful backgroung is due to the both dusty film sandwich-ed !

I just add two pictures using my new pseudo-slides build from a destroyed cristal Cd case and a thin transparent plastic.
    I'm very happy with the wasp wings!

5. A bit of moire action in the wasp wings, just adds to the effect, I think this new art form deserves a new name, how about -scanograms?

6. Looks like things under a hobbyist microscope. I guess the thrill is the digital capture? Otherwise looks fairly ho-hum to me.

7. I took self potraits with a large bed flatbed scanner then did a water transfer to art paper using Strathmore High Gloss.

Welcome to digital alt. process!

These images are now part of the Nicolasion Art Museums collection...

8. I tried some sharpenning filter on my picture. With Success!
    Be careful to shift-reload to avoid the old picture from the navigator cache.

9. Now I have a real slide mount with anti-newton.
    Scanograms is already existing... but scanoscopy is not found with google!

10. Hi,

a new experiment with scales fish.
    http://defdef.free.fr/Macro/

freD.