software to make video out of still images

Byron,

It is very easy to do in Adobe Premiere w/ the help of Photoshop. All you need to do is "batch" number all your captured frames in the order you want them to appear in your movie and "import" them as a sequence or project. I haven't used the other software mentioned but have done this on an Avid editing system too. The great thing about doing it in Premiere is you don't need to reimport if you alter a frame since you can use photoshop files, the change will be reflected automatically...a big time saver.

VideoMach. Very popular for people who make videos from computer game action (e.g. Unreal Tournament, Day of Defeat etc.) Try to find a version around 2.7 because later versions put watermarks on the output file. 2.7 has a mode where you can use if for free as long as it's for non-commercial use. If you can't find it I'll e-mail it to you. It's not a big file.

"Tim Burton's new animation film CORPSE BRIDE was entirely shot with Canon DSLRs and

Nikon lenses." Yeah, and it was put together/edited on a Mac using Final Cut Pro, which in

my opinion is THE software to use for a purpose like this. And if you can affort a high-end

compositing solution look at Apple's Shake, which is the standard compositing tool in most

Hollywood editing rooms. Runs on a Mac too, of course. Many stunning special effects in

huge budget movies are created in Shake. Take a fat Mac and Shake and you can do all these

things yourself, provided you have the creativity needed.

• 4 weeks later...