What actually is photoshop EXPRESS... comes included with windows 10 updates and well it wants a user login, and when i try to search it online all roads lead to it being adobe photoshop standard version with the 20$ monthly usage fee..

yet windows tells me this

Adobe Photoshop Express

version 3.6.385.0

App 47.7 MB

definitely NOT the full version

It's basically rubbish unless you just want to make a couple simple changes to your image file. To access more features, one pays for them.

If someone is really serious about editing and creation features--pony up and get the photography package from Adobe. That runs a little over $10 a month and includes Lightroom, Camera Raw, and Bridge. See here: Photo and image editing software for photographers | Adobe

There are many less costly, and even free alternatives available. Google is your friend!

Google Search Results for Photoshop Alternatives

"I See Things..."

The FotoFora Community Experience [Link]

A new community for creative photographers.  Come join us!

IHMO the features that Adobe PhotoshopExpress offers for free are impressive. It's designed for mobile devices and it has typical easy-to-apply effects and filters that give photos a certain 'look'. Photos can easily be cropped to 'social media formats' for sharing. But the app can be downloaded and used as a W10/11 desktop app too. It's easy to use and includes basic photo-editing features including adjusting the color, contrast, cropping to fixed and custom formats and exporting with a custom size and .jpg quality. The only difference I see between the free and premium versions is that the premium version includes more advanced features like selection, layers, noise reduction, HSL editing, and many more themes, overlays, and 'looks'.

I use Lightroom and Photoshop on a desktop and occasionally PS Express on my phone. But I once recommended trying the W10 PS Express app to someone who was unfamiliar with Post-processing and (then) on a very tight budget. He wanted to start learning the basics of PP and PS Express was a free and easy to use editing tool. I'm sure there are now many (perhaps better) free alternatives. I've used a couple of online editors in the past.

@tommyfilmist has not replied yet to our tender ministrations and comments!

What we can glean from the OP's text is that he is wanting to work his imaging on an M$ desktop. As @mikemorrell wrote, the real advantage of PS Essentials (freemium) is on a mobile smartphone or tablet. I suppose that one could run it on a desktop,

Let's clear it up a bit more as @paddler4 began. With tax (checked my bank account) it's $10.79 a month. It comes with 20Gb of included cloud storage. A crap-ton of free stock graphics, elements, and fonts. Plus there is a whole lot of other stuff--including Photoshop Express for mobile. Not to seem like a shill for them ( :p ) but I have learned to rely on this platform for over 20 years... Here is a screenshot of my Adobe account to validate:

1727859274_adobenumber2.thumb.png.39c07ccbe561bc221ccb396376d2d31e.png

DxO Labs makes a compelling alternative. Their schema is to license a current local machine install (such as DxO Photolab 5), and if you want to eventually move to version 6--pay an upgrade fee. There are lots of regular current version updates to be had so one doesn't really get left behind. I use their Nik Collection v4 quite regularly--IMHO it's one of the best-paid add-ons to PS.

Totally off-topic, but because it was mentioned--the cheapest 'deep' storage of files can be had via creating an Amazon S3 account. Then, using an FTP app like Filezilla upload a whole bunch of stuff. This doesn't mean that one should not have a local NAS RAID storage to make doubly sure! :cool:

• Like 1

"I See Things..."

The FotoFora Community Experience [Link]

A new community for creative photographers.  Come join us!