Softball Team Pictures

david_wells6

<p>This will be my first time to take pictures for a softball league. Group team pictures and individual portrait style pictures. Does anyone have any tips on the best way of keeping everything organized? There will over 200 players and my fear is keeping up with the names with the players. Any tips will be appreciated!</p>

<p> </p>

<p>If you're doing a pre-pay system - then you need to have someone (other than the photographer) write down the players image numbers on the payment envelope and the sequence that they were shot in.<br>

So - Player 1 - Name: Jane Doe Uniform # xx Image #'s 1,2,3 Player 2 - Name: Sally Smith Uniform # xx Image numbers 4,5,6; and so on. <br>

Keep teams together, don't take photos of kids that aren't pre-paying or buying (only include them in the team photos) and shoot the same number of photos of each kid.</p>

<p>If you are doing on-line ordering - then you don't have to worry about any of that - other than perhaps keeping the "Teams" together. You shoot all players, buddies, etc.. then put the proofs on-line for the parents to order.</p>

<p>I can do a 200 person league under the on-line ordering option in under 3 hours (of actual shooting) - if everyone is there lined up and ready to go - it's even faster. Option 1 - takes longer - because you have to match up stuff and write things down - plus you still can mess up orders. Option 2 - the payout is slightly lower - since you are relying on parents to go on-line and order, plus they may not like what you shot.</p>

<p>Dave</p>

<p>It is critical that you have an assistant (parent) keep track of the order of who is being shot. Make a simple form that makes it easy for the parent volunteer.<br>

I take pictures of everybody, even those that don't pre-pay because often they contact me and ask for prints at a later date.</p>

<p>regardless of pre-pay, proof order forms or online only, I always use a simple form where I break out each team individually and have the kids write their names and jersey # right before being photographed. Usually an assistant will keep up with this, but some of the coaches I've worked with now help out with it too. </p>