So, what did you get?

<p>My Epson R1800 printer finally gave up. It's been repaired previously but just couldn't completely align and completely clean the heads anymore. Since I was at the point where I had very little ink left (expensive), I bought an Epson R3000 from the Epson Store which came with a $200 rebate. I't appears to work really well but I just got it so the only images I've printed were for my family. No fine art yet but I'm working on it.</p>

<p>I'm not shy, but a little embarrassed. As my friends here know, I went totally bananas and bought myself a Canon TS-E 17mm L lens, and (to use with my earlier purchase, a 100-400) a lightly used Canon EOS 50D.<br>

Thank goodness my "collections" consist mostly of items that cost about the same as a fancy pizza.</p><div>00bAvd-510605584.jpg.bdd809e704e2b3611ff4c5293a6461e3.jpg</div>

<p>I got a Nikon 24-70 f/2.8......coffee mug. I know it's not as nice as getting a real one, but I can't wait until the first time I pull it out of my bag, say "The lens is a little dirty" and dunk it in water. Of course I will only do this around someone who knows about cameras. I just want to see the look on someones face. Of course I will use it for its intended purpose. I also have a 70-200/2.8 coffee mug. Now I have my 2 dream lenses, except they don't do much for my photography except keep me alert.</p>

<p>An unexpected gift - a Nikon V1 with 10-30 kit zoom. Loving this funky-chunky thing. It's hardly left my paws this week. And my shaky paws appreciate the excellent VR - I'm getting fewer shots spoiled by my own motion blur. At the current blowout price of $299 including shipping from B&H it's easily the best buy anywhere in a high end P&S digicam. At that price the few well known quirks become irrelevant.</p><div>00bAw4-510613584.jpg.6de1b7846aa75612dd6242999dac4fe4.jpg</div>

<p>Not photog related, some cash, some chocolates, a dinner.... Even with the cash bit I chosen not to get photog. When the time comes I may get some used studio strobes and maybe a H-500CM to do something different. Maybe in due time too a few Nikon AIS primes. I'm pretty over the latest and greatest stuff and I just don't shoot much action, street, events, sports ... Won't be getting a used dSLR until my D70 breaks.</p>

Slid the following in last minute this month so I can have an enormous year of write offs:

Two GoPro Hero3 Blacks with tons of grip.

The last few hundred sheets of 4x5 Efke IR820 that Freestyle had.

A second Jobo 3010 drum for souping 4x5.

10" 3/4" x 48" thinwall PVC pipe for developing black and white mural prints.

New in box Rodenstock 150mm F4 Apo-N and 105mm F5.6 Rodagon-G enlarging lenses.

I'm set...

<p>Agreement from my wife to spend some household funds on photo goodies. So after consulting with her on the cost, I got a new Zeiss 25mm f/2.8 ZF.2 lens from B&H for my F3HP, F100, and D7000. This is a manual-focus lens with a chip and contacts, so it meters on AF and digital Nikon SLRs without manual entry of lens info.</p>

<p>On DX the focal length (25.6mm) is just a little less than the true normal of 28.8 mm for DX, making it a handy wide-normal lens. I have the 35/1.8 Nikkor for when a slightly longer or faster normal lens is a better choice. On 35mm this Zeiss is a good wide-angle focal length, and probably better than my old Nikkor 24/2.8 AIS. </p>

<p>Plus, I now have one more quality lens in the bag for my move to FX someday. Recent sales on FX bodies have tempted me but the cost in body plus the quality lenses to take advantage of the body's capabilities was just too much. Better to work on my technique, learn the digital darkroom, and be patient. And build for the future. :-)</p>

<p>This is a very, *very* nice lens. It's really impressed me so far despite its known quirks; I'll be posting photos taken with it later. </p>

<p>Well, because you asked... This year my wife and daughters decided it would be special to make gifts for each other instead of battling the mall crowds. Our Christmas was wonderful and it has been decided this will become the new tradition in this house. For a month I've been busy scanning, printing, framing, uploading, dubbing, editing, burning, sawing, sanding, screwing and glueing. What I received, though, from my eldest daughter has to be seen so I am going to post a shot here of her gift to me followed by a photograph I took this past summer.</p>

<div>00bBnQ-511455584.jpg.2ec49d93e93a4e4385db21b55cc7600c.jpg</div>