snapsoid.com

I read their copyright information page. Snapsoid claims that all of their images are "Creative Commons" free for use as long as attribution is given. Once an image shows up there, it enters the free blogosphere. The "Tinypic" website in the US is the same way. That is as good a reason as any for everyone to paste copyright notices on there images and register.

There is one positive note, if the Snapsoid website were any slower, it would be running backwards.

Just look at it as a part of the cost of doing business. Even Walmart now doesn't bother prosecuting shoplifters who steal stuff worth less than $25 because it costs them more than that to do it.

My guess is that any losses you suffer through snapsoid.com will be pretty minimal.

I know it's the principle that counts, but unless you stick a big watermark right through the center of the image, people will just crop out the copyright notice if they really want to steal the shot.

Hungary is part of the EU and is a signatory on international copyright laws. However that doesn't make it much easier to actually enforce copyright unless you're prepared to spend real money, plus for images that are just copyrighted (not registered) you'd never even cover the costs of bringing an international law suit, nevermind recovering any damages.

Glad to hear they are responsive to complaints.