SMC Pentax-A Zoom 28-135mm f/4...has anyone used this lens?

It was quite expensive when new, but more than likely one of the better performing wide to tele zooms. Being an "A" lens it will function in shutter priority or program mode in later Pentax cameras, even those with the "crippled" K mount. You could even use it on a Pentax ZX-5, for example, and have everything except autofocus.

Looking forward to seeing some images.

Andy, I remember the 28-135 coming out around the time the Super Program was introduced, and seem to recall it being reviewed by one of the major photo magazines at the time. I think it was regarded as a pretty good lens in its day. My stepfather considered one as he wanted an "all in one" zoom with constant aperture, but decided against it due to its bulk and filter size (77mm).

Around the same time, Tokina made a 28-135 f/4-4.6, which they also built for Konica. It is an excellent lens and more compact.

Rick, Dave, thanks for the information and the helpful links. It's certainly a beast of a lens but based on the pictures I've seen that were taken with this lens, I'm very hopeful that I'll be quite satisfied with the results from it. Those pics from Geoff Thompson look really nice!