SMC 50mm 1.2

revolver

I have this screw mount lens with a 2X teleconverter that I have no use for. Where would be a good place to discuss a

trade with a K mount manual prime?

I haven't researched it yet to know if it's worth anything

Any opinions?<div>00dOhh-557672984.thumb.jpg.1d2c40bb29e323c705822703d4f87166.jpg</div>

<p>The 50mm f2.0 you showed is a quite decent lens AFAIK.<em> If</em> you really enjoy using a "M" lens on a crippled k-mount body or how well you'll get along with AF sensor assisted focusing you'll have to find out yourself. - I'd prefer my f2.8 AF macro and didn't even use a f1.7 "A" lens much on the DSLRs. Others had Leica R glass hacked to fit on Pentax with entirely manual aperture and seemed happy with the results.<br>

There used to be an f1.2 lens too and I hoped this thread was about it.</p>

<p>Hi All.<br>

Putting on "the official moderator cap here". Any offers to trade/sell should always be over in the marketplace forum. Discussions about the various lenses pro and con, of course, are always welcome in this forum. No lines crossed here, just making clear.</p>

<p>Best wishes always,<br>

Doug</p>

<p>Since shipping cost for a maybe transatlantic trade would be significant: have you considered getting an M42 to k-mount adapter? using them the intended way is annoying; they seem very hard to remove out of a camera body but if you screw off the spring intended to lock the adapter inside the body and Dremel a notch into the screw mount where the K-mount locking pin would be you have your lens converted for cheep. - An adapter might be about $10 from China (shipping included) on ebay.</p>

<p>Jochen<br /><br />"The 50mm f2.0 you showed is a quite decent lens AFAIK"<br /><br />thanks...am I missing something? the lens reads 1.2 ?? does that somehow translate to 2.0??<br /><br />"<em>If</em> you really enjoy using a "M" lens on a crippled k-mount body"<br /><br />Crippled K mount body???</p>

<p>"1<strong>:</strong>2" & "f1<strong>.</strong>2" are unfortunately quite different. - In doubt check the aperture ring.<br>

"crippled K mount" was a term introduced for cameras that don't figure out the actual aperture ring setting if it isn't "A" and demand a stop down metering routine in case the still fitting older "M" lenses get used. - I didn't follow closely if the very latest DSLRs returned to classic K mount but the earlier ones are "crippled" for sure. - But yes, its just a minor inconvenience and one can adapt one's shooting style around it.</p>