smallest 35mm camera?

dan_n1

<p>It's probably not the smallest, but certainly the Tessina (<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessina">link</a> ) was one of the smallest production models. It is smaller than the Rollei 35 models, but the 35mm film has to be reloaded into a special cassette for it.</p>

<p>So maybe the Rollei 35 was the smallest to use a regular 35mm cassette?</p><div>00UvT5-187079584.jpg.0585c66fe7d9f7059fd4cb8b1c2e98e0.jpg</div>

<p>How about a matchbox pinhole camera. Take a matchbox, put a pinhole on the side and load with a single frame of 35mm film. It should come about to be just slightly larger than the film, or a little bigger than 1 x 1/2 x 1/4 inch. Of course, you will have to change the film in the dark between exposures. This assumes you want to shoot full frame.</p>

<p>The Olympus Pen is a little larger than the Rollei 35S but is thinner when ready to shoot without pulling out the lens. Of course it's only half frame but is good up to 8 X 10. I have both, the Sonnar on the Rollei is better that the Oly lens but a Pen S 3.5 is the camera I'm never without.</p>

<p>Some of it depends on how you define "small." The Rollei 35, for example, is shorter than an Olympus XA. and may count as smaller when folded up, but the XA beats it by far on depth when opened for action, and it has a rangefinder too. I managed to lose (car roof, or something!) my fixed lens Stylus Epic, but I think that one may be a winner on features stuffed in, having auto focus and flash. Even the Stylus Epic zoom compares pretty well.</p><div>00Uviv-187245684.jpg.64b1202184aaddc1e6f4f2f9b9414358.jpg</div>

<blockquote>

<p>Photographs don't lie. ;)</p>

</blockquote>

<p>That's got to be news to anyone with Photoshop. I once saw an ad which proclaimed "Altering reality since we found out it was possible" in <em>Paranoia</em> magazine. It was the proximate cause of my learning to use Photoshop 2.5 in the way back days.</p>

<p>:)</p>