Small...no wait, tiny digital camera recommendations?

Hello, I need a very small digital camera that has at least 2

megapixel resolution. I need it to be small enough to fit in my

pants pocket. I was looking at the Sony DSC-U20 camera and was very

pleased with the size although I don't know too much about the

picture quality. It seemed to get pretty good reviews around the

web. I used to own a Canon Digital Elph S200, which I loved, but

that would be the maximum size I would want. I basically want this

camera to take pictures of friends, put pics on the web, and maybe

print out some 4x6's. Nothing too strenuous.

Thanks,

Donny.

I like the Casio Exilim S4 or S40 - which is closely related to the Pentax Optio S4 mentioned above (shared Pentax lens design).

4Mp. Huge rear screen, very fast shutter response once focus-locked, nice USB/power dock, has built-in memory for 5-6 pix in addition to SD memory card (which allows you to take a few shots after the "card full" message comes up). Definitely the one I'd grab if I neede something in this size (credit card-sized from the front, about as thick as a pencil or china marker.

I've looked hard at the S4 and S4i. Although nicely spec'd and quick, the size is just TOO small for good steady, hand holding, at least in my average size hands. I don't like the way the zoom controller falls under your right thumb, which causes it too zoom just when you don't want it to. YMMV.

That said, the Canon S400 or SD100 are small and very robust in build. Image quality is excellent also. Prices are not too bad as they are being replaced by the S410/430/500 series.

Also, the Canon SD10 is as small as the S4, I think. It used SD cards and has not viewfinder. Lens is fixed 39mm f/2.8. Details at http://www.dpreview.com

I was looking for a very pocketable digital with zoom; and settled on the Nikon Coolpix 2000. I hate the stupid name, but it's really a very impressive camera.

Check out reviews on www.epinons.com -they have a very nice 'wizard' that will sort the cameras by your criteria; which is very helpful.

I got a terrific deal on my Nikon; returndealz04 on eBay is selling them for $89!! Sounds too good to be true, but that's where I got mine. (I have absolutely no connection with returndealz04).

If you don't need zoom, you can get something considerably smaller.