Slimming down my gear

ike k

Hi all,

I currently have this set up on my gear list D2h, S3pro and lenses as follow 12-24/f4 Tokina, 20-35/2.8

Nikkor AFD, 35-70/2.8 AFD, 50/1.8, 100/2.8 Micro Nikkor, 80-200/2.8 AFD (push pull). I'm thinking to

slim it down and get 17-55/2.8 with 85/1.4, will keep the 50/1.8. The rests would go on sale or trade. I

also would love to get the 70-200VR as I'm getting more "less stability" with my hand when holding the

80-200 so VR would be a great addition. Any of you currently using the set up I'm planning to use? (17-55

and 85), thanks and any input would be appreciated so much.

iKe

I think it will be worth you waiting for the new Nikkors due out anytime now. I am a Canon

shooter but these new lenses look superb! I think they are doing a 14-24 / 24-70 both at

F2.8 The 85 is a must for wedding work and the F1.4 is first rate. I think these 3 plus the vr

70-200 would be a dream kit.. Maybe a D3 or two to finish off the set

Steve http://stevesphotographyblog.blogspot.com/

Yes, you absolutely right about it but the price is still up there somewhere :(, can't really

justified even with the body alone D3. But when my wedding venture grow strong and

eventually can finance such gears of course no hesitation in mind on getting the best lenses

and camera.