slide show software problem with .jpg metadata

kevinarnold

I have widdled down a trip to 500 pictures that I have attached captions to. The captions are of course saved in the .jpg meta data title element.

I would like to make a fancy multi media slide show where I can customize timing of individual slides and such. The captions/titles took me ages to label on this many photos.

Does anyone know of software that does slideshows that will import the title/caption automatically from the .jpg meta data title element?

thanks

080099920funnygifs089959919.gif

There may be better and cheaper options but Adobe Lightroom is one to consider. Lightroom allows you to create slideshows in which you can overlay the .jpg title field in the meta-data. Unfortunately, you need to set the timing and transition of slides for the whole slideshow. You can't do it for individual slides. Lightroom slideshows are a way of viewing photo's.It's especially useful for photos that have been (non-destructively) edited in Lightroom. You can also export a slideshow to a video.

Check out these links:

- LauraShoe.com (I've tried it out and it works, even when title meta-data is edited outside Lightroom)

- Lightroom (creating slideshows)

- Lightroom (play and export slideshows)

As an alternative, you might also want to look at SquareSpace (create a 'carousel' photo gallery)

- importing meta-data

- styling gallery pages

I've never used SquareSpace but I read it's a websitebuilder that allows users to import meta-data with photos and dispay titles. I also read somewhere that each gallery can contain up to 250 photos.

Mike