Slide Show - Muscle Cars

AlanKlein

Our community had an antique and late model muscle car show here in New Jersey today. We do it once a year. Thought you'd be interested in seeing some hot cars. Mainly American cars but there was a Triumph or MG and a Spitfire owned by some Scottish lad there with a thick accent and kilts. He's in there too. You can tune into the video up to 4K bandwidth or smaller. Hit fullscreen for better view. Good muscle car music with it from The Beach Boys. So turn up the volume. Here's the Youtube link. About 4 minutes run time. Shots taken with a Sony RX100M4, edited in Lightroom and video created with Premiere Elements.

Your comments appreciated. What would help make it better? Enjoy.. Thanks. Alan.

Our community had an antique and late model muscle car show here in New Jersey today. We do it once a year. Thought you'd be interested in seeing some hot cars. Mainly American cars but there was a Triumph or MG and a Spitfire owned by some Scottish lad there with a thick accent and kilts. He's in there too. You can tune into the video up to 4K bandwidth or smaller. Hit fullscreen for better view. Good muscle car music with it from The Beach Boys. So turn up the volume. Here's the Youtube link. About 4 minutes run time. Shots taken with a Sony RX100M4, edited in Lightroom and video created with Premiere Elements.

Alan, please fix the link.

Good "enthusiast" overview Alan. Shooting cars, close up, without major lens distortion requires good equipment and reasonably good technique, which you managed well. This will certainly be greeted by members of the auto club with great, justified enthusiasm. No particular shot stood out to me as a "wow." Everything was what I'd call, "competent workmanlike", nothing struck me as "art." There's nothing wrong with that and it will not diminish the enthusiasm of the car club. I do like that you included some close-up details and I would have preferred more of this, with the most interesting cards.

Maybe someone that puts together "shows" like this, will have something more specific to say. I don't work in this genre of display.

• Like 1

I agree with much of what dcstep had to say.

I'd add that while a slideshow like this doesn't need to be art, artistry still adds a lot ... even to a non-art experience.

I do feel the series established some nice rhythms, moving in closer to the same subject at times, transitions from one car to another, and I like the opening shot as an establishing shot a lot. But, I feel the few rhythmic sequences might have better built out to a bigger picture rhythm. I think more interaction between people and cars would have helped and a more unique approach to and angle on the cars themselves would have interested me. There's more a sense of being the observer than being involved. I don't get a feel for having been there and felt the energy, even of the cars themselves, impressive though some of them are. So, when you've got a photo of someone looking under the hood, you're back from the action. I don't get to see what he's looking at. Had you been closer, I could have looked under the hood WITH him instead of looking at him.

And, I'm sorry to say the music is a big minus for me. Way too predictable and cliché. Coming up with something a little more interesting and a bit less overdone than the Beach Boys for a car show would seem very helpful.

• Like 1

"You talkin' to me?"

Well, they were singing about cars. :) I thank you both for your comments. Even my wife got bored with the long sequence of just cars. It should have been shorter. The statistic from Youtube show the average cutoff from viewers around two minutes of a 4 minute show. I should of had more people sticking their hands in the engine compartments. Also more macro type shots. I also should have stayed for the contests and awards, but couldn't. But that's on me. You comments were really helpful. Thanks again.
  • Like 1