<p>thanks to all who advised me on image size re slide show. I have selected all my capetown to cairo overland backlpacking slides for my lions club show sat n ight. About to resize now for show<br>

1, not sure which is the best option using my image resizer<br>

if I resize an image of 4.5 mb at 3380 x 2550<br>

I have the option of resizing at 1052 x 768 the resolution of the projector<br>

but it only gives me an image size of 100 - 200 kb. . . is that a sharpeness problem. I just do not seem to get it!<br>

I have another option of reducing by 50 % and getting a slide of 1690 x 1275 but a file size of 2.25 kb<br>

loading does not seem to matter when I project on my tv<br>

which is the better choice?</p>

<p>2. also is there a good simple slide sorter out there?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Whatever you do the projector will re-size to suit the pixel count it is set to do. In doing this it may slow the presentation and my advisor tells me one can loose thin borders at times.<br>

I meant to check and get back to your original thread but I wonder if whatever the editor's compression process is set to will affect the file size ... it does when one makes a small file to send by e-mail.<br>

I must do that ......</p>

<p>I just did that exercise and got a 104Kb file at 1052x768 with a simple shot of the sea shore, just blue water and sky on a sunny day. My earlier comments about file size related to preparing 1400x1050 files for projection so their file size is larger.[ 161Kb with the current photo I'm adjusting and back to your size and the file is 99Kb so there is some compression going on in the jpg saving process]<br>

I am using Paint Shop Pro to do my re-sizing and when I compile a show I have Pro Show Gold ... not sure what you mean by a slide sorter ... that is me to my way of thinking :-)</p>

<p>The thing to remember is that in preparing the slides the projector is a low resolution device and we only get away with the situation becuase we are not examining the image like we can do with a print where we may use 300 dpi/ppi .... so do and wonder why it looks so awful on a 10ft screen in their home, but others further back think it is great as your audience will.</p>

<p>One comment I also meant to make ... frequently people say "I want a fast changing show" and every frame lasts perhaps two seconds plus the transition period. That is horrendous to my way of thinking as an ex film/video editor where each shot had its own length of time.<br>

To do the job properly you need to vary the 'pace' and perhaps give wide shots longer than close-ups .... though a close-up can have a lot of interesting detail and need longer to appreciate. There in lies your skill as a presenter. It is harder with a still photo becuase you do not have movement and or audio to help determine the length of shot.<br>

Another of my bette noirs are folk who leave a slide on the screen because they have a lot to say about it, particularly if it contains a lot of light tones which dazzle the audience and I find distinctly painful. One should avoid 'projected white' in a dark room. We have white surrounds to prints and that is acceptable becuase we are looking in ambient light and the white mount is not so bright ...Personally I never use whites mounts but that is me :-)</p>

<p>I hope all this helps to re-assure you that you are on the right path ....</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I have the option of resizing at 1052 x 768 the resolution of the projector</p>

</blockquote>

<p>I'd definitely do that. That way you (almost) know what will come out of the projector. No interpolation means sharper images and fewer surprises.</p>