slide film and processing

<i>Forum moderator's note: Because this question is related to color film and because I don't have the necessary authorization to transfer such threads intact to other than the b&w forums I'm assigning a 3-day expiration to this thread. The generalized "Film & Processing Forum" would be more appropriate for questions about standard color film processes.</i><p><p>

i have only used b&w print film with 4x5 and 8x10 format. now, i

wish to make color slides using my 4x5 camera. i have several

questions:<p>

1. having used the zone system before for b&w, is there an exposure

system for correct exposures? how is this done? also, i will not be

developing my exposures. i wish, however, to have a fairly saturated

negative since i will be using the slide for polaroid transfers.<p>

2. can i have some recommendations for 4x5 slide film. <p>

thanks.<p>

zone system should be learn with E-6 process in a consistent pro-lab.

it's the perfect tool for exposure, since there is less then a 1/8 Fstop variation and no contrats change due to the process, everything will be your decision or your equipment variable. Just do the same calibration test you are use in zone, stick to one film and learn the range of grey you can get & how you like to place your key zone ( hight light, skin tone, clouds, midtones). With chrome compare to B&W it's reverse; expose for light detail area, since a washout slide is less acceptable. Then verify were every thing else will be rendered. Also i would suggest to start with a 35mm, contrast & tone will be (modern lenses) very close across format for the same type of film.