Size of Arca-Swiss F-Metric C 10x8 camera?

noah

I am considering the purchase of an Arca-Swiss F-Metric C 10x8 camera, but I am unable

to see one since most shops don't have them in stock. I was wondering if someone could

tell me the dimensions of the camera in its smallest state. I know it's not a folding camera,

by its smallest state I mean the size when both standards are moved as close to each other

as possible. If anyone has one and could pull out a ruler and check, I'd be very

appreciative. If anyone has any suggestions for what case they use to store and carry the

camera, that would be of help too. Thanks!

noah, i use a bag designed for laptop computers. i found one made by kingston that is the perfect size for the 8x10 rear and 5 holders. the case has a large 'saddle bag' type opening and is divided into two sections. one section is the perfect size for the camera, the other holds 5 holders in a sony neoprene laptop sleeve quite snugly. very compact with adequate protection. if you shop for laptop cases, most will be designed to give some sort of protection to their contents.

Dear Noah

The total height of the F metric C 8x10" is: 17.1", max width: 13", "thickness" of both

standards without monorail: 5", total length with monorail (50cm collapsible): 10.2"

Weight: approx. 9.3 lbs. If you need any further information please feel free to contact us

anytime.

Best regards, ARCA-SWISS International, Mark, Customer Support

Dear Scott

Sorry, didn't check if you can contact us by the link above my message.

ARCA-SWISS International,

29 Quartier de l'europe,

Espace Valentin,

25048 Besançon,

France

Ph: ++33 381 85 40 60,

Fax: ++33 381 85 40 69

e-mail:

arca-swiss@swissonline.ch

arca-swiss@wanadoo.fr

Best regards

ARCA-SWISS International, Mark, Customer Support

• 1 month later...

If anyone is still here--I have another question. The F-Metric 8x10 comes with a 50cm

collapsible rail. If I'm not mistaken, that consists of an extension bracket and two sections

of monorail. So what I want to know is--how long is the extension bracket and how long is

each section of monorail. Thanks.

• 1 month later...