Hi! a few days ago i found a six-20 brownie model d in my father's

house. I would like to know several things about this kind of

cameras. I think that his speed is 1/35 - 1/50, his lenses 100mm, am

I right? Is it possible to change the lenses and install a lens of 20-

30mm? has anybody done it? Ah! and how can I install or use a flash

with this camera if it hasn't flash connectors? If somebody out there

could help me and answer this questions it should be fine. Thanks in

advance.

I suppose it's <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/Chuck02178/72.htm">this camera</A>. There's also a manual for download on that page.<BR>

<BR>

Your estimates of shutter speed and focal length can't be far off, and though you might be able with sufficient violence, destruction and optical machinery to make and install a 20-30mm lens it would be easier and better to build your own camera for that. 20-30mm is not just extreme, it is extremely extreme wide angle for the film format used in that camera.<BR>

<BR>

And the film format is the big problem, as 620 film is no longer commonly available. But try a search for "respool 120 620" on this site, and you should find some possible solutions. How useful I don't know, as I've never tried myself.<BR>

<BR>

As far as I can see, there are two version, one without flash connector, and one with. In the latter case, a cord is used to connect the separate flash to the camera, I don't know if it's a standard cord. Without electrical connection, you set the camera to B, press and hold the shutter button, fire the flash, and release the shutter button.

Thank you very much, Ivar. I see that changing the lens could cause harm in my camera so I won't try it. Anyway, yesterday I loaded a 120kodak film, iso 160 in the camera. Since I don't have any idea of how the pictures will look like, is there a web where I can have a look to pictures taken with a brownie camera like this? I've read in the forum that a page called fenimores has some photos taken with a brownie, but, there are lots of types of brownies and I am not sure if pictures taken with a six-20 brownie d will look so good.