Site hangs on every new page

Charles_Webster

<p>For the last few days, when I click on any link to change forum pages, the site hangs and Firefox stops responding. I click "Kill Task" in the Task Manager, a dialog flashes on the screen and normal operation resumes.<br>

The page always hangs when loading adserver.adtechus.com<br>

Firefox 8.0<br>

Win 7<br>

Doesn't matter if I restart the computer or just Firefox, the problem persists. PN is the only site exhibiting this problem.<br>

It makes it impossible to get a list of my forum posts because the site times out every time before the page loads.<br>

Thanks,<br>

<Chas></p>

I experience the symptoms myself sometimes in Firefox (CentOS) and Opera (FreeBSD). When I see that connection to a(ny) server has stalled, I press "Stop" button to stop any connections in progress.

On a few occasions when content of interest is partially and/or oddly rendered after "Stop"ping, I "Reload" the page; as soon as I see the offensive connection in progress again, I press the "Stop" button again. In case of Photo.net, that stops (stalled) ad server connections.

There may be some other missing HTML tags|content as a result but the page is seemingly rendered alright for all intent & purposes in forums AFAIC.