Sirui N2204 Tripod

tim_eastman

<p>I came across this tripod http://www.siruiusa.com/tripods/n2204.htm recently and wanted some feedback from anyone who has used it. I am traveling to Italy this summer and plan on taking a tripod as is my habit. In addition to standard photography I also do 360 degree panoramas with my D300 / Sigma 8mm. I have come to prefer taking my panoramas on a monopod, as patching the nadir is much easier. The Sirui has a detachable leg which can be used as a monopod. The tripod is very similar in features to my Feisol CT3441S and the fact that I can use the leg as a tripod makes it very tempting. I would like to hear some feedback.<br>

Thanks</p>

<p>Haven't used it or seen it, so would think the ease of use would be a major factor in how convenient it really is. Likewise if the structural rigidity is impacted by the way the leg attaches, etc. I have a light tripod and find I can use it like a monopod fairly easily simply by keeping the legs together when extended or only extending one of them. One would still need to truck the remaining two legs about or be limited to only having monopod functionality. </p>