Simplicity of life.

pavel_l.

I've been looking at this for a couple days... it's pretty straight forward, architecturally & compositionally simplistic. Looks like it was early/mid day, full sunlight, not a cloud in the sky. The exposure looks good etc., although the subject matter doesn't touch me in any particular way. Do I recall you're shooting with film in medium format?

As a matter of taste, I would personally crop it a little closer to eliminate the building on the left, but there could be arguments for just leaving it alone.

Nothing wrong with it really.

Thank you JDMvW.

This is as far as I can crop, I want to see some space between frame and the left fence. I see that that chimney can grab more than necessary of attention.

Cheers.

phmfrm2.thumb.jpg.e4f56e67309f17b9a9ec4683cf08f75f.jpg

"... Our perception of the world is a fantasy that coincides with reality."

Chris Frith.

I've been looking at this for a couple days... it's pretty straight forward, architecturally & compositionally simplistic. Looks like it was early/mid day, full sunlight, not a cloud in the sky. The exposure looks good etc., although the subject matter doesn't touch me in any particular way. Do I recall you're shooting with film in medium format?

As shot, I see it as more stark than simple.

Thank you Ricochetrider.

Yes, this is b&w medium film.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Chris Frith.

I think, the frame needs more of the environment to contrast and complement the bright white main subject. Great exposure by the way. I am not sure how including more of the adjacent brick buildings would play out (depends on how their shapes fit in the composition), but I am just curious about the possibility of their textures adding more interest to the main subject in the middle.
  • Like 2

I think, the frame needs more of the environment to contrast and complement the bright white main subject. Great exposure by the way. I am not sure how including more of the adjacent brick buildings would play out (depends on how their shapes fit in the composition), but I am just curious about the possibility of their textures adding more interest to the main subject in the middle.

Thank you Supriyo.

I would consider the option to include the more "complicated" houses around the main object, but this will make me to loose details of the porch that I consider more important.

Cheers.

Chris Frith.

I prefer the balance of the cropped image.

I love the idea of someone happily enjoying their evenings, sitting in that folding chair on the "porch."

Thank you dcstep.

Cheers.

Chris Frith.