Silverfast serialization problem

<p>Does anyone have an email address for Silverfast support? Access to their support system via the website is really lame, compared to other companies. Here's the problem:</p>

<p>New computer, HP PC, Windows Vista Home Premium 64 -bit. Amazingly, I've been able to get all my printers and other peripherals installed and working, including my Microtek Arixscan 1800f and the Silverfast AI6 Studio software. However, the software launches in demo mode and prompts for the serial number, but will not accept the actual serial number for the AI6 software. I know the serial number is good because I just downloaded the lates update from the Silverfast site.</p>

<p>So, if someone has a support email address for these guys, I'd appreciate it.</p>

<p>Thanks,</p>

<p>Bill</p>

<p>Can't help, but it sounds like they are using something that looks at your computer hardware and if it sees significant changes assumes you're using it on extra computers. I assume your license agreement is for one user.</p>

<p>Hope you get through, and when you do let them know what you think of their support!</p>

<p>Try support (at) silverfast.de. It's the one I use. I can understand problems, I run two scanners on the software which runs through one interface with separate serial numbers for each application. Great when it works, and far from it when it doesn't, but the support folks are good to help resolve issues or problems.</p>

<p>Scott, just to let you know, it worked - sort of. I got a quick response from Silverfast Support which told me how to submit a support request in the online support form (which is not exactly user friendly). It also made a couple of suggestions as to how to resolve the problem myself. To make a long story short, I ended up using a fix that was available in the online support pages, which made me feel kind of dumb for having missed it. Bottom line, problem resolved.</p>

<p>Thanks again...</p>