Silverfast SE film types

I see there is an option to import more filmtypes into the "Negative" window but

I have no clue were to search for this, I find the list of included filmtypes

very limited (like the absence of Fuji Acros 100 and no unusual types like Efke

and Foma). Anybody who knows where to get these??

So you're about 50/50 then William? Not exactly a ringing endorsement. ;) When I started using Silverfast I tried them as well. What I find is I tweak them anyway. You're right, they "can" be decent starting points. What I typically do is if I find one that's somewhat close I adjust it and then save those settings. I've never found one that I wanted to use without any tweaking.

I think tweaking is a given, but I prefer to do mine in Photoshop rather than in Silverfast. I don't think there's a film profile in the world that will give you what you want "out of the box", so to speak; i.e., direct scan-to-print with acceptable results. Also, I didn't mean to imply that the films I mentioned are the only ones I've scanned. They're just the ones I use or have tried for serious work. Other films, like Kodak Gold 200, seem to work well with their profiles - with the requisite tweaking afterwards, of course. I have to admit to being something of a Kodak addict, so I really haven't tried the profiles for other films other than Fuji 160NPS (which I hate, by the way).