Silvano Color Labs Ltd. Toronto, Ontario, Canada

<p>Why futile? I send my 120 across the border to North Coast Photo. It works out fine, but I batch my work and send several rolls in each order.</p>

<p>My 35mm C41, I can still get done locally with excellent results. But it's a matter of time . . . </p>

<p>John, yeah, it seems to work OK for me. My North Coast negatives and DVDs come back by ordinary USPS Priority Mail, so they're either right in my mailbox or I pick them up at the Post Office. I've never paid duty or brokerage, or for that matter sales tax, either. </p>

<p>The only downside is the cost of postage, which is $20 - 25 to cover both ways. I mitigate that by sending my film in batches of 5 to 15, and if I'm in the U.S., I mail my film for $5 in a flat rate box before leaving.</p>

<p>Gosh, very sad to hear. </p>

<p>I criss crossed the GTA last year just to have fun checking many of the pro camera stores and was shocked when I did not see any 4x5 Velvia not to mention 35mm either. I then even found it difficult to find them on-line when I got home. That really made my choice of selling my 4x5 equipment and getting a Canon 17 TS-E very easy. I have been fully digital since.</p>

<p>Several years ago I could only afford to buy a full frame DSLR buy selling all of my Kodachrome 25 for ten times what I paid for it.</p>

<p>While obviously progressive, the digital revolution has certainly taken a large toll.</p>

<p>Again, very sad to hear about Silvano's, I used their services on several occasions, and they were one of the few, if not only, shops open on Saturdays. </p>

<p>RIP Sylvano's. I dealt with them when theywere on eglinto ave and I wasm ordering ferrania film!!</p>

<p>Try Toronto Image Works at 80 Spadina, where Edward Burtynsky is one of thew principals. As of 2 weeks ago they were still doing 8 x 10 EK and C41 processing ad still had darkrooms for rent.</p>

<p>RIP Sylvano's. I dealt with them when theywere on eglinto ave and I wasm ordering ferrania film!!</p>

<p>Try Toronto Image Works at 80 Spadina, where Edward Burtynsky is one of thew principals. As of 2 weeks ago they were still doing 8 x 10 EK and C41 processing ad still had darkrooms for rent.</p>