Sigma Foveon Images

Discussion in 'Mirrorless Digital Cameras' started by blurrist, Jan 17, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Sandy Vongries

Sandy Vongries Administrator Staff Member

Unless, of course one likes monochrome, having used it predominantly over a long life in photography. Beauty in the eye of the beholder?

2. Ah, but what i meant is not about the beauty of monochromes. It is about something that stands above the rest in the way it handles colour not showing that it does.

3. Seems a shame, but even the b/w's look good. That may have to do with the skill of blurriest and the others here.

4. Sandy Vongries

Every time I see the photos, I'm sorely tempted. I just don't like the thought of the processing.

5. Same here. Very tempting. And i think, eventually, i will not be able to resist.

6. The color is the closest thing I've seen in digital what you see in dye sublimation prints, such as William Eggleston and Joel Meyerowitz used. I'm interested in finding out more about it. These are from Sigma's?

7. Sandy Vongries

Entirely as you follow the thread, many identified along with the photos.

8. The image quality is beyond believe in its pure technical quality.

One can only hope that other manufactures will take on board this wonderfulness. Hoping.

Meanwhile, l will just have to slog on with my lesser cams. Pity.

;))

"Entirely as you follow the thread, many identified along with the photos. Sandy

Me, too, wonderful examples of a wonderful camera. I'm looking on evil bay to buy one. Excited

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  9. I'm pleased to see a kindling of interest in the Foveon sensors! Here is a further selection, hopefully to add fuel to the flames. The camera was the Sigma DP-2 Merrill. I feel Barry Fisher's comment regarding dye-sublimation quality is not too far off the mark; the almost 3D quality of the Foveon images is demonstrated by the first and last images in this series.

Abutilon copy.jpg

75 copy.jpg

Passionfruit Flower (Passiflora edulis) copy.jpg

Two Days of Rain copy.jpg

Escape #2 copy.jpg

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
  10. Sandy Vongries

Another remarkably fine set!

11. Xmas is all around
    Last year photo. This year less decoration due to pandamic.
    [​IMG]_SDI0862in by blurrist lump, on Flickr

ericphelps likes this.
  12. Sandy Vongries

:) Thanks! Merry Christmas!

13. Thanks Sandy
    Whole view FYI
    [​IMG]_SDI0857in by blurrist lump, on Flickr

rick_drawbridge and ericphelps like this.
  14. rick_drawbridge and ericphelps like this.