SIGMA AF 75-200 mm f/ 3.8 MACRO Zoom Lens NIKON fit

tidris

Do you have a feel for how old this lens is?

I don't have anything definite to go on, but there's something about that set of numbers that smacks of a lens that was designed in the MF era, and then modified to be AF ("f/3.8" was the 'consumer competitive' f/stop for that range in the late 80's).

If it is of that age and manufactured by Sigma, it is highly likely to have a few 'bugs' with the way the electronics of the lens interact with a D70. This may induce moderate focus errors or other 'off' behavior.

Current Sigma lenses generally work well with the D70. Sigma has a habit of getting 'tripped up' by previously unknown features in the Nikon mount. Happened to me between the N90s and the F100. I think it happened again with the D200.

It is supposed to be fairly new, the serial number quoted is Serial No. 30744271. Does that give any indications? Its supposed to be auto and manual focus. Just wondered if it is any good? I haven't seen it but if they were any good then why not?

I'm not nearly fluent enough in Sigma's to quote you an age by s/n. It does not seem to be 'current', or you would find it on a Sigma website.

There was just something about those 'numbers' that speak to me of a certain marketing era that is a little older than that which is likely to work seamlessly on a D70.