Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG AF

<p>Has anyone ever heard of this lens not having a MF switch, only I seem to have exactly that, the MF/AF switch is missing.<br>

I'm really puzzled and concerned why this switch is missing.<br>

It's a Bank Holiday Monday here so cant phone my supplier up until Tuesday. Just thought I'd post this item on here to see whether I'm alone on this one.<br>

Also there seems to be a problem with the F stop which will only go as wide as F3,even in aperture priority mode on my D3.</p>

<p>Grateful for any feed back. Thanks. Dave.</p>

<p>My Nikon version of the 180/2.8 Sigma doesn't have MF/AF switch too. These are HSM lens with full time manual focus meaning you can adjust focus at any time. Plus, Nikon bodies have MF/AF switch anyway. I don't miss another switch that can confuse me.</p>

<p>If you turn the focus ring to infinity, no switch needed :-), you should be able to set aperture to f2.8. This is normal with all Nikon macro lens, Sigma or Nikkor. It is just showing the effective aperture at that focus distant.</p>

<p>BTW: The Canon version of these lens do have MF/AF switch, since Canon doesn't have switch in the body that can turn off AF.</p>

<p> </p>