sigma 150-600

harryjacksonjr

<p>I don't think it tests better than the 100-400mm II, but people may be saying it is more useful for wildlife as it has a larger zoom range. But there again it is also much larger. I am not even sure that the 100-400mm + 1.4 III is not marginally better than the Sigma at 560mm, but certainly TCs are a pain to add and remove. The main question is whether the AF is up to the same standard as the Canon. From what I have read and heard the answer is it is a close second, so that is good.</p>
Robin Smith

<p>I reviewed the Tamron and both Sigma 150-600mm lenses earlier this year (January) in a side my side comparison review for Photo.net, but the review has not yet been published here for some reason.</p>

<p>The Sigma 150-600 C is a good lens. The S version may be a little better. My own review can be found here - http://bobatkins.com/photography/reviews/sigma_150-600_C_review.html.<br>

My S review can be found at http://bobatkins.com/photography/reviews/sigma_150-600_S_review.html</p>

<p>After my review, I bought the Sigma 150-600 myself. The Sport version is better built, but is twice the price, significantly heavier, and not really any sharper.</p>

<p>I don't know when the photo.net comparison review(s) will be published. That's out of my direct control.</p>

<p>Nice review Bob. I really enjoyed the bird poop on the roof shot. I often, unintentionally, get the same type of shot. ;-)</p>

<p>The AF time seemed quite slow to me, but I'm using the EF 500/f4 II, which may be a champ in that test, even with the 1.4x TC-III attached. Did the AF time vary with the body used, like when going from a Canon 7D MkII to a 1D-X with a 2x TC mounted on an f/4 lens?</p>

• 3 weeks later...